Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ryder at 4: an Overload

Now, if you are wondering if I meant Ryder, at age 4, is an overload or if I meant this post is an overload . . . then YES.

But, just look at this boy.

Here is his self-portrait, drawn almost 4 months ago, when his actual birthday occurred.  I'm pretty much behind on everything that you can be behind on.

I especially love that he has around 20 fingers per hand.  And the striped pants. . . . . with blood stains on one side?  Who knows.

The traditional handprints:
Rich and I say that all of our kids have loads of personality. . . . but this one takes the cake and the crown. Although Sawyer is giving him a run, I dare say Ryder will hold on to his title of "Mr. Personality".

For example, his use of the word "fantastic" has increased dramatically in the past week. Makes for some lively conversations, as he sounds more like a 40 year-old business man than a 4 year-old preschooler ("That is a fantastic lego set you just built, Max.").

He is pretty darn fantastic, if I do say so myself.

7 comments:

Turpin Times said...

He is cute! Love the wink!

Amy said...

Oh Shar. You have got one fantastic boy there. He is a doll. LOVE these shots you got.

Michelle said...

Okay,seriously? He could not get any sweeter. I could talk to him and look at his little face all day! Oh, and can you schedule me for pictures whenever you start taking them again? I haven't seen talent like yours in ......well ever!!!!

Heidi said...

Love that kid. And these are amazing pictures!!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!

Heather said...

Love that Mr. Ryder.

Elsha said...

I LOVE YOUR PICTURES!