Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Max at Five

I think that this boy gets more and more good-looking as the years go by.  So, if we can bypass the awkward "adult teeth coming in sideways" phase, then he will be set!  What to say about Max. . . . he is our (mostly) mellow teddy bear.  Stubborn as anything I've seen on this planet, but at the same time he is our sweetest (shhh. . . . don't tell the others).  Here is a little look at Max, according to him:

Favorite song:  Old MacDonald Had a Farm
Favorite food:  macaroni (the one and only blue box kind)
Yuckiest food:  hamburgers
Favorite movie:  How to Train Your Dragon
Favorite book:  If You Give a Pig a Pancake
Favorite word:  rainbow
Favorite thing to do:  play with Toy Story Legos
What I want to be when I grow up:  a cookmaker (chef---especially a chef specializing in cookies of the chocolate persuasion)
What I am best at:  watching movies
Favorite color:  green
If I could wish for anything it would be:  a star
Favorite place to go:  Cafe Rio/In-n-Out

An "almost lifelike" self-portrait:


And this is what a family birthday party thrown together in 15 minutes looks like:
Max wanted Star Wars. . . he got Star Wars, courtesy of big brother Owen.  I love this age (when they still haven't realized when a big deal is made. . . and when it is not).  Next year, we might not get so lucky. . . 

However, we count ourselves lucky to have his smiling mug as part of our clan.  

4 comments:

summer said...

he is such a good looking boy! you are spot on with that. I wish we could pass the teeth coming in phase as well...any ideas on how to do that?!

So one little question --- how does it work to love to go to In-N-Out but think hamburgers are the yuckiest? I had a great laugh at that one, because that just seems how kids think!

Heather said...

Shar, can I hire Owen to do my cupcake toppers? He does great work! I love the look on Max's face in the last picture looking into the water. It's like he is contemplating the idea of jumping in. Max is such a sweetheart!

Carrick family said...

I love these cupcakes!! So cute!! Did you make them? Cute to make round paper for the tops! He is such a handsome boy!!! Love the pictures of him!

Anonymous said...

Ooh so cute!!