Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Letters to . . . . Everyone

Anyone who knows us slightly well, knows that our Miss Olivia gives us a run for our money.  Even when we are all out of money to run.  We've decided that every family needs a money runner to keep things interesting.  And, boy, are our things interesting . . . .

But, you know . . . . just when you want to sell her to the nearest gypsy, you find "the letters".

Olivia is an avid letter/note/email writer to just about anyone that will open them.  And I'm guessing it's hard not to when you get emails with the subject reading, "Thank you again. . ." or "Congratulations!!!!"  I found these emails in my sent folder today and couldn't resist allowing the world to see the inner workings of her mind.  She doesn't read my blog--or even know what one is--so I won't risk embarrassment (although I might try. . . . heh, heh).

To her teacher, Mrs. Lindeman:


Dear Mrs.Lindeman, Thank you for everything.I wish that you were my Fith grade teacher,so far you've been the best teacher ever.I'll miss you so much ,and just to tell the truth I never want to go.All the things you've tought us was fabulus.Just wanted you know  that you were the best teacher ever.From:Olivia Wilcox. P.S. I really made friends this year. 

To her cousin, Sarah (who is getting married in two days):

Dear Sara, Congratulations on this big opportunity to get married, I will like to get married too. I am so happy to see your kids when you have them then I will have new cousins.I am so happy to see you and all the cousins and Miranda  and Amber are coming.I love you so much and I wish could see you more ofen. Love:Olivia Wilcox. P.S. sent : 6/1/11                                                                                                                                                     


Personally, I think the P.S.s are the best part.   And she never writes a letter without one. 


And, lastly, a letter she asked me to send to the folks at Primary Children's Medical Center.  This one is true to Olivia form in every way:


(Ummm. . . . let's hope not.)

The phrase "can't live with her, can't live without her" often crosses our minds, but I think we will keep her.  She's worth it.  (And maybe I will ask her to stick to writing letters as her main form of communication with me--they are much less moody and I really do enjoy those P.S.s)


P.S.  Almost forgot an Owen note that will be filed away in the "he wished he had an eraser, but didn't" folder:

(Phew. . . . that was close.  Good thing for blue colored pencils to make it all better.)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Shar! This brought some tears! Olivia is precious. Coould you please steer my email address her direction? That note to Primary Childrens should be on a billboard. Have fun at the wedding! And yay that Amber and Miranda are coming!
By the way, James LOVES the games. We are still working on his thank you note to you!

Heidi said...

My heart is kind of melting right now. What a sweetie!

Amy said...

Oh those are great! People love getting letters and notes especially with a p.s. What a great photo of her!

summer said...

We should have her and Madeleine become pen pals...she LOVES to write notes & LOVES to receive them. She has been sending emails like crazy to my mom - and so if she were able to have a pen pal around her age & same grade in another state that would be extra cool :)

Then later on when they are roommates at BYU, they would have this really great story to tell about how it all started way back when their moms were teachers together and they had daughters that were destined to be pen pals. Oh wait, it could even get better --- we involve Ms. Paige, and well now that is triple the FUN!

let me know....her email can land in your inbox anytime.

p.s. we'll be in UT this summer....so these pen pals should definitely meet up again. planned this time so we get to see you for a bit longer :)

Anonymous said...

Opening that email was the highlight of my day!! I just giggled and giggled... and giggled some more. New cousins? Hmm. We'll see. :) She is too cute!