Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pardon Me While I Do Some Bragging. . .

(Photo courtesy of some BYU photo guy)

This handsome guy is my Rich.  And Rich tends to be good at everything.  I mean everything.

Mostly I'm okay with this, except for when he is trying to teach me something that I'm destined to remain bad at, like snowboarding.  That was a fun day, let me tell you.  Since then, our marriage has recovered :) and I have learned to take advantage of his 'perfectionistic tendencies'.  If there is something I need done well and I'm just not interested enough to learn how to do it, I just let Rich run with it.

Rich started the MBA program at BYU  in the fall of 2009.  And I just let Rich run with it.  Now, for a little background, I kind of was a school nerd.  Let's just say that while at BYU, I retook a class (religion, of all things) because I got a B+ and I didn't want it tarnishing my record.  Nerd.  (These days, I'm lucky to still be able to add two numbers together and spell correctly. . . . I spend lots of time talking to people under 4 feet tall.)  So, these two years of getting to watch Rich go through a pretty rigorous program and not micromanage his grades was a little difficult for me.  But, like I said . . . . . Rich tends to be good at everything.

So, here you are looking at one of BYU's Stoddard Scholars, which "recognizes outstanding academic performance, leadership, and service in the pursuit of a career in finance", awarded to only seven in the program:

He ran with it pretty well, didn't he?

10 comments:

Lesa said...

W_O_W!!!! CONGRATS RICH & Shar:)

Amy said...

Impressive! Nice job to the two of you (someone had to hold down the fort ;)

crush said...

Way to go!!!! That is wonderful!!! You guys both deserve a medal for that!!! Can't believe you're about done! :o)

Becky said...

That is fabulous! What a wonderful accomplishment.

Lisa said...

What a great accomplishment and it helps to get a little payoff (besides the degree) for all the hard work. I agree on the fact that you both deserve the props, because what a great support you have been!

Also, props to the one female in the group. Good for her! :)

Carrick family said...

SO AWESOME!!! Of course, you are a proud wife!! :) Good job Rich!

Heather said...

Woot, woot! Congratulations!

Turpin Times said...

That's awesome! Congrats to you both!!

Heidi said...

That is so exciting that he is done!! Tell him congrats for me! Way to go both of you!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know him. ;) Congrats to you both! You're both so amazing.